The KastKing Spartacus is quickly becoming the go-to reel for many freshwater anglers who like a good quality casting reel without breaking the budget. The cost of these reels can run from $40 to $90, depending on the model. Check out some of the features the Spartacus model has:
- Micro-cast dual centrifugal and magnetic brakes and tournament ready carbon fiber drag with 17.5 LBs of fish stopping power.
- Superior shielded 11 + 1 corrosion resistant ball bearings, CNC machined aluminum spool for smooth casting, powerful precision matched brass gears, instant stop anti-reverse for devastating hook sets, and braid line ready ceramic line guide insert.
- Versatile 6.3:1 gear ratio
- One way clutch system
- Left and Right Hand models with CNC Aluminum Handle and EVA Knobs
Not many reels in the $50 range can say they have a carbon fiber drag and 11+1 corrosion resistant ball bearings.
Some specifics about the reel.
- Weight(oz/g) 7.2oz/205g
- Gear Ratio 6.3:1
- Line capacity (lb/yd,mm/M):
- 0.285mm/115m,0.33/90, 0.37/75, 0.4/60
With a 4.2 out of 5 star rating and price tag of about $50, there isn’t much more you can say about this reel, except to give the KastKing Spartacus a try and see for yourself.